The tradition of venerating the images of saints, righteous people, and martyrs is quite old. It is known that icons existed even in the days of Kyivan Rus - they were presented as a gift to noble persons, as well as to friends or acquaintances in honor of the birth of a child, wedding or christening. You can view and purchase similar charms for the home on the ukrburshtyn.com website, and these decorations for the home will bring grace, pacification, peace, and delight and protect all household members. Therefore, the faces of the Lord, the Mother of God, as well as the saints revered by your family must be in every home. And from this article, you will learn what you should be guided by when buying an image.
Guardian angel - who protects your life?
The image of Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary must be present in the apartment. It is to them that any Christian turns every day with a pious, grateful or supplicating prayer.
But there are also more personal icons. These include, for example, images of those righteous people whose day of remembrance and commemoration is celebrated at the same time as your birthday. Once upon a time, there was even a tradition of naming children after their heavenly guardians. But what if your name does not coincide with the revered saint? You can buy a named icon depending on your date of birth, following these tips:
- those born from January 21 to February 21 should pray before the image of the Mother of God of Volodymyr, as well as St. Athanasius;
- believers who were born from February 22 to March 22 can ask for a blessing from the Mother of God of Iver and from St. Alexia;
- The Virgin of Kazan and St. George the Confessor patronizes people born from March 23 to April 22;
- the icon of the Mother of God of Iverska and St. Tamaras help those born from April 23 to May 22;
- those who celebrate their birthday from May 23 to June 22 are under the invisible protection of Rev. Constantine, as well as icons "Recovery of the dead";
- Orthodox, who were born from June 23 to July 23, can turn to the face of "All Sorrowful Joy" in a difficult moment and approx. Cyril;
- those born from July 24 to August 23 are protected by St. Nicholas and the "Protection of the Virgin" icon;
- Christians born from August 24 to September 23 should hang an image of Rev. John, Paul, as well as the "Unburnt Bush" icon;
- Serhiy of Radonezh and the face of the "Exaltation of the Cross of the Lord" - representatives of those born from September 24 to October 23;
- celebrating your birthday between October 24 and November 23? It is better for you to pray before the image of the Virgin Mary of Jerusalem or before the icon of the Apostle Paul;
- people born from November 24 to December 21 should ask for the intercession of Nicholas the Wonderworker and the Mother of God of Tikhvin;
- Those born from December 22 to January 20 will be protected from misfortune by the State Mother of God, as well as by the icon of Seraphim of Sarov.
Saints benefactors of crafts - we choose an image depending on the profession
Each saint is a representative of this or that industry, or rather - people engaged in this type of activity. Therefore, you can turn to him not only with personal prayer, but also with requests for professional improvement. According to this principle, icons are most often selected as a gift for a colleague, manager or business partner. Icons of saints who protect workers are listed below:
- St. Mykola is the deputy of those who are engaged in trade, as well as sailors and travelers. By the way, righteous Procopius also helps merchants;
- Apostle Matthew favors people connected with banking and accounting;
- Archangel Gabriel will protect diplomats, journalists, media workers from mistakes and mistakes;
- architects and builders can pray to the image of the Cave Architects;
- the military are under the protection of St. George the Victorious and Rev. Ilya Pechersky;
- Apostle Paul and St. the healer Panteleimon - guardians of physicians, doctors, pharmacists;
- people engaged in teaching are protected by St. Cyril and Methodius;
- students of schools and higher educational institutions can ask for help from St. Tatyana and Serhiy Radonezhsky.
But whatever image you choose, the main thing is to treat it with due respect. Zealous prayer addressed to the heavenly intercessor is capable of miracles. And the icon presented to you, made of durable materials - for example, natural amber - will become a family heirloom, a talisman that will be passed down from generation to generation.